NOT ADVERTISING ON FACEBOOK WOULD BE A HUGE MISTAKE
Every business (including yours) needs a Facebook page. You – and so do 60 million other businesses know this.
People are on Facebook, every day, so why shouldn’t your business be there for them? Potential customers are out there, and they are waiting for you.
On average, people spend 1.72 hours per day on social media – this translates to about 28% of their time.
Americans, on average spend about 40 minutes per day, just on Facebook.
Every minute, users on Facebook like over 4.1 million posts, post comments, create status updates, and share photos.
What’s most surprising about this? There are only about 4 million active advertisers – the rest are missing out.
The big question is, do you want your business to be part of the smart businesses advertising on Facebook? Or is your business comfortable where it’s at?
1. USE FACEBOOK ADS FOR DIFFERENT TYPE OF CAMPAIGNS
Whether you are looking to grow your Facebook Fan Page with likes, get people to join your mailing list, promote your content, sell products and services online, or get your local business in front of individuals Facebook Ads can help. Facebook’s ad targeting and design can cater to your business’s goals at each stage of the marketing cycle.
2. AUDIENCE INSIGHTS HELP YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR AUDIENCE
The Audience Insights tool is in the Facebook Business Manager platform. Audience Insights allow you to dive deeper and understand who it is that your ads will be served to. It also it enables this through self-reported Facebook data, as well as from third-party data partners.
- Self-reported Facebook data: Data that is voluntarily given to Facebook by its users when they create a Facebook profile and provide information such as age, gender, relationship status, job title, location, and a significant amount of Page Likes (things that interest the individual) to name a few.
- Third-party data partners: Third party data partners supply Facebook with more particular information such as household income, user purchasing behavior, home value, etc. this is achievable by outside companies that match the data with Facebook user IDs (Note: this information is only accessible to audiences in the U.S.).
3. FACEBOOK REMARKETING CAMPAIGNS
Remarketing plays a massive role in digital marketing success, leaving it out of your Facebook advertising strategy would be a big mistake.
Taking advantage of custom audiences and utilizing remarketing campaigns will help your business stay top of mind to the most important people, those who have already shown an interest in the product or services that you have to offer.
Facebook allows advertisers to create different types of “Custom Audiences” or remarketing lists. To do this, you will need to go to the audience tab in your Facebook Business Manager account (Note: Don’t forget to install your tags/pixels as necessary).
The custom audiences that can be created are the following:
As you see below, you are able to target anyone who visits your website, specific pages on your site, and those who haven’t been back in a certain period of time.
4. USE CREATIVE HUB TO LEARN FROM THE BEST
Creative Hub was created for businesses to be able to gain inspiration by what is being created by advertisers on Facebook and Instagram, all you need is a Facebook account.
One of the best features of Creative Hub is that mock ups created can easily be shared with your colleagues and clients, the best part is that they get to see it live on the platform it is intended to be served.
Creative Hub offers a broad range of formats that advertisers can choose from, included are ad specs for both platforms, Facebook and Instagram.
5. USE FACEBOOK SPLIT TESTING TO GAIN HELPFUL INSIGHT
A split test (or A/B test) allows advertisers to test two different marketing strategies by manipulating two variables (all else equal), this allows for analysis to understand which one produces the best results.
Successful split tests can result in large ROI improvements – use them.
Many variables allow for experimenting with Facebook ads, and the most minimal change can make the biggest difference. Knowing what is and isn’t working in your advertising is crucial to get the best performance. Here are some variables that regularly get tested by advertisers on Facebook:
- Ad Copy (Get Your Free Month Of Advertising vs. Sing Up Now To Receive Your First Month With Fantôm Free)
- Calls to Action (Sign Up vs. Contact Us)
- Audience Targeting (Men vs. Women)
See the example below on one of our ads: